A Better Life – Review- Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris
Posted in : Opinion:
- On : Feb 03, 2009
Book review of Four Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferris
“It’s about time this book was written. It is a long-overdue manifesto for the mobile lifestyle, and Tim Ferriss is the ideal ambassador. This will be huge.”
Co-creator of Chicken Soup for the Soul®, 100+ million copies sold
“This is a whole new ball game. Highly recommended.”
Dr. Stewart D. Friedman
Adviser to Jack Welch and Former Vice President Al Gore on Work/Family Issues
Director of the Work/Life Integration Project, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
“Stunning and amazing. From mini-retirements to outsourcing your life,
it’s all here. Whether you’re a wage slave or a Fortune 500 CEO, this
book will change your life!”
#1 New York Times Bestselling Author of Rule #1
“The 4-Hour Workweek is a new way of solving a very old problem: just how can we work to live and prevent our lives from being all about work? A world of infinite options awaits those who would read this book and be inspired by it!”
Michael E. Gerber
Founder & Chairman of E-Myth Worldwide and the World’s #1 Small Business Guru
Timothy has packed more lives into his 29 years than Steve Jobs has in his 51.
Journalist and Publisher of SiliconValleyWatcher.com
Thanks to Tim Ferriss, I have more time in my life to travel, spend time with family and write book blurbs. This is a dazzling and highly useful
Editor-at-Large, Esquire Magazine, Author of The Know-It-All
“If you want to live life on your own terms, this is your blueprint.”
Co-founder of Motive Communications (IPO to $260M market cap), Founding Executive of Tivoli (sold to IBM for $750M)
“Tim is Indiana Jones for the digital age. I’ve…
What do you do? Tim Ferriss has trouble answering the question. Depending on when you ask this
controversial Princeton University guest lecturer, he might answer:
I race motorcycles in Europe.
I ski in the Andes.
I scuba dive in Panama.
I dance tango in Buenos Aires.
He has spent more than five years learning the secrets of the New Rich, a fast-growing subculture who has abandoned the deferred-life plan and instead mastered the new currencies—time and mobility—to create luxury lifestyles in the here and now.
Whether you are an overworked employee or an entrepreneur trapped in your own business, this book is the compass for a new and revolutionary world. Join Tim Ferriss as he teaches you:
• How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
• How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
• How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
• How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and freuent “mini-retirements”
• What the crucial difference is between absolute and relative income
• How to train your boss to value performance over presence, or kill your job (or company) if its beyond repair
• What automated cash-flow muses are and how to create one in 2 to 4 weeks
• How to cultivate selective ignorance—and create time—with a low-information diet
• What the management secrets of Remote Control CEOs are
• How to get free housing worldwide and airfare at 5080% off
• How to fill the void and create a meaningful life after removing work and the office
You can have it all—really.
End of Amazon review
work job unemployment idea opportunity book club review tim timothy ferris four hour workweek knowledge vagabond travel
Financial Dictionary Definition: Credit Rating
Financial Dictionary Definition: Current Interest Bond
Financial Dictionary Definition: Current Yield
Financial Dictionary Definition: Cusip Number
Financial Dictionary Definition: Death Tax